I'm hungry.
I'm at Julia's job right now, "interning." Time is slow. My left leg is cramping from sitting so long, reminding me that I need to go running and do my yoga. If only I knew where my running shoes were. Now my stomach is beginning to growl.
Three more hours, than I can make Travis take me to out for Chinese.
I'm trying to eat healthier. My long term goal concerning diet is to mostly eat homegrown meat (as opposed to store brought) and very very very little dairy. Meaning, the majority of my diet is veggies, grains and fruits.Such a diet is expensive, bland and inconvenient. But I have my reasons (all of which come down to two major reasons: what God/nature intended and what my body needs).
I started working on it yesterday. Not too seriously. Mostly I want to see how long I can go on our budget.
So far, I'm finding it incredibly inconvenient.
To eat in healthy amounts, you need to pretty much eat all day. Or at least snack all day. Who packs that kind of food around?
Today, I foolishly let Trav take the last roll (the boy's gotta eat too, right?). I have snacks: snap peas and an orange. And I did eat lunch. But it's time for my next meal and I want FOOD! There's also chicken salad in the fridge. Chicken Salad = cheap store meat + mayo + ranch dressing.
I guess the cheap store meat isn't a big deal. There's no way I can only eat homegrown meat right now anyway. All we have is pork and the beef won't be ready anytime too soon. But I really don't want that chicken salad. It's not even appetizing to me. And if I splurge, I'm going to splurge on something good. Like Chinese Food! I mean, if you're going to do something wrong, do it right. Best and worst advice from Friends.
Now if only I can convince Trav to go get Chinese tonight... Do I wan to try and be good and get won ton soup--- healthier than the fried chicken dishes. Or do I want a veggie dish with tofu? OR do I want to give in on my second day and get Sesame Chicken. Mmm. Sesame Chicken.
I love food.
Now if only I can convince Trav to go get Chinese tonight... Do I wan to try and be good and get won ton soup--- healthier than the fried chicken dishes. Or do I want a veggie dish with tofu? OR do I want to give in on my second day and get Sesame Chicken. Mmm. Sesame Chicken.
I love food.
Well, this post killed some time. I'm not sure if it makes sense-- but I keep glancing at Tsing Tao's menu.
I'm totally getting Chinese tonight.



5 comments:
lol! Live to eat or is it eat to live? ;-) Love you!
I share many of your feelings in regard to food.
Is the chinese resturant as selective with its meat products as your diet plan?
nooo... And we didn't get Chinese. We got pizza. Equally good.. and uh unhealthy. =)
hahahaha...that's so funny. We're trying to be more health wise too! I'm reading this great book called "French Kids Eat Everything (and Yours Can Too)". We have also moved our big meal of the day to lunch time and eat a small dinner and a good balanced breakfast and no snacks. And then, for just Adam and I, we are tracking ourselves on MyNetDiary. It's a great app! And it's for anyone's nutritional goals. Obviously for me I'm losing weight, but what I like most about it is that when I record my exercise and calculate the expended calories, it will recalculate the necessary caloric intake for the day...anyway, it's a great tool. Well, good luck and read the book! Oh, there's another too, it's called "The Thrive Diet". My friend, an athletic 5 foot 130 wonder, recommended it. It's great for eating healthy. The author is vegan, which I'm not interested in, but he has some great information in that book!
Post a Comment