Survived finals. Handed in the last English Paper I'll ever write. That feels good. Couple of french papers and I'm DONE.
It's funny that when you're used to running around like a headless chicken, the anxiety just doesn't go away. Yesterday I laid down with Brutus (I'll introduce him in a moment) in the backyard to read scriptures. I flip through the Primary lesson, looked through KSL and then I started to freak out. Then I got really sad. I got bored! My first day of freedom and I didn't know what to do with myself! Terrible.
Anyway, I got over myself and we had some fun.
Payson Lake:
This is Brutus! (and Trav).
A firefighter that Trav worked with during one of his internships rescued him. He used to live in a concrete kennel and only could lie down and eat all day. He used to be fat and his fur was scuffed off by his legs from lying on the concrete so long. The firefighter guy picked him up, trimmed him down and gave him to us when he was ready to go rescue another dog.
This dog LOVES to swim. He'll only play fetch if it's in the water.
He's also a really good hiking dog. He loves people so he always stays close. This makes him awesome for morning jogs and bike rides too. =)
Travis teaching him to "stay".
I have to take pictures of myself otherwise there's no proof that I'm there. Payson Lake is beautiful. Trav did some fishing and at this point, I was still working on finals. Trav didn't catch any fish but another fisherman gave us one of his to cook. We left it tied up in the water to keep it cool. When we weren't looking, Brutus ate it.
Santaquin Reservoir!
Mum Sperry told us that there's a place to swim right he in Santaquin! It's not super pretty, but the water is actually a good temperature.
Brutus trying to eat everything.
Happy.
Sperry Farm
Baby Moo Moos!! And tolerant Queen Sheba.
They look like Bambi's.
Brandy and Sheeka.
So ummm... Brutus is apparently not very good with other dogs. I guess growing up in a kennel he never learned to socialize. Upon meeting these two, he didn't do so well and even peed on Brandy's Kennel. After that Brandy made sure he knew who was boss (She is definitely the boss between her and Sheeka). Jessica is more experience in this kind of thing and with her dogs, she's helping us out with teaching Brutus manners. Thanks Jess!
This is also the only picture I could get of Brutus with a cow. He's scared of the cows! Oh Brutus.
Yes, I'm sure you're all tired of looking at my pup by now. But he's so fun!



4 comments:
Yea, I am happy Brutus found a good home with you guys. He sounds like a great fit!
Yeah. I agree. He seems like he fits right in with you guys. This is a happy story ^_^ And I like that he ate your fish...
Can I see the baby cows?
Aww, a new addition to the family! :) I'm excited for you!
Looks like you could not have done much better then you did with your time after your hectic school semester. Well done!
Post a Comment