CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I've been avoiding my blog. I know that if I write in it, I'll only complain. And I don't necessarily have time to complain these days, nor is it productive.

I'm trying the whole positive attitude thing. It's nice. I like it. I'm not consistent with it. Yet.
Yet, yet, yet. Always yet.

I drove to Sandy to see Trav last night. He got off his shift at 12:30 A.M. So naturally I didn't see him until after one and we didn't make it to bed until after two. We slept in as late as we could. Still in bed, I helped him finish a job application. He hopped in the shower, I ate left over Chinese food for breakfast and left for piano class.

For those who are unaware, both Trav and I are in our last semesters of school. Trav's semester consists of various internships: Fire Stations, ERs, Children's hospitals, Maternity wards, etc. etc. etc.
Last week, he worked roughly 105 hours. His first day off in two weeks will be this Thursday. He's kind of tired. I kind of miss him.

My last semester/term is four classes. Eight credits (Piano, Plato, and Literature and Films) are two month accelerated courses. The latter three credits (French Literature) is an online class that I am attempting to finish in two to three months. I'm applying for jobs like a mad woman and writing as much as I can on the side (which so far, isn't much at all). Julia is kind enough to let me come into her work to learn more office skills.

Saturday and Sunday mornings are devoted to Primary lessons: mostly games. I have to prepare games. If I don't, the kids get bored and start a mutiny. It's easier just to invest the time on a game.

Trav has the car. So I bike a lot. My legs are toning up rather nicely.

It's busy. But I like it busy.

Breaks are nice too though.

I cried three times in the past week and a half. Over nothing. Just little things. Like last week I thought I forgot my tampon. So I cried. In the women's bathroom on campus, I cried over a tampon that was there the whole time. Was it only over the tampon? Or was it over the forgotten USB, the accidentally deleted song, the forgotten wallet, and therefore the inability to buy textbooks, the flat bike tire, the incompleted homework, the unwashed hair and of course, my too physically distant Trav.

Yes, unwashed hair is something to cry over. It's gross.

Maybe it was just the tampon.

 A break would be nice.

It feels good to write this all out. I know people who can handle this and more. I know people who have this plus babies. But this kind of business is a stretch for me. It's a learning experience, and like most learning experiences, it comes with growing pains.

Overall, I'm happy with it. But I'm also really tired and crying is an appealing past time.

I think I'll wash my hair tonight.

3 comments:

Jin said...

Who are you taking Plato from?! Yikes, that is a lot of stuff to be done, good luck with it all and stay strong! I know, it's easy to be down when your hubby is away... good luck to you both, I miss you! <3

MoonyMoMo said...

James E. Ford. It's an English class but maybe he teaches Philosophy classes too. He sure loves it enough to.

I'm impressed you were able to do a whole major of this, Jin!
This stuff is THICK!

Oh and it's not just Plato. We just start with Plato... hehe

Me said...

Oh my, you are busy! I think I would cry if I couldn't find my tampon too, with everything else that's going on. I admire you for being able to keep up with your busy final semester/life. It makes me think of a good run, the one that last an hour, with a minute sprint in the end. You are doing the sprint. You are almost there, this is the moment that does the most to you, you're tired, it hurts, but when it's over... phew! What an awesome run. Then you can be sore. And then after that, ya just feel awesome!