On a Sunday morning I woke up to a lovely breakfast for two in bed and a glass of Mountain Dew, carried in on cookie sheets.
On a Wednesday I went climbing for the first time in what feels like Months. (Long enough for all the beautifully toned leg muscles I've earned to disappear).
On a Thursday I did yoga for the first time since we moved to Santaquin. On this same day I received my first calling in our Santaquin Ward.
On a Friday Night, we begun our Valentine's Weekend Celebration with home made Chicken Cordon Bleu. Travis watched his first "dumb" comedy in years and actually enjoyed it. I blame it on his ever so manly instruction at the Fire Academy. Not that I mind.
On a Saturday Morning, I crawled out of bed to find a very excited Travis cooking a special Valentine's breakfast. What made this breakfast so special? Waffles. Home Made Waffles. Fried Sausages. And of course, because my husband truly loves me, fresh strawberries! We ate the whole box. I realize this breakfast may not sound so grand to some but bear in mind, I thought Mountain Dew for breakfast was a treat.
Later in the afternoon, while Trav napped, I replaced his old, oil stained car mats with new ones for his Valentine's gift. When he woke up, I casually asked him to grab my wallet out of the car. He noticed the mats before he even unlocked the car door, possibly because he suspected my request. He is very pleased.
That night we went to the Temple. A spontaneous decision, but a good one.
On Sunday Morning we gave talks at Church on.. ta da da da... Temples! We each believe the other's talk to be very insightful and received compliments confirming such. I chose, for the first time, to believe those compliments.
That night was the magnificent night of the T-Bone Steaks. Home grown beef, grilled over coal. Our two barbecue grills were swiped from us in our last apartment but Travis was determined. He took one cake pan, covered it in tin foil and dumped a pile of coal in it. He then placed our oven rack over the top and used a second cake pan as a lid. Again, he was well pleased. We also had a fruit salad (fresh fruit, if I may add--oh the luxury!), baked potatoes (both sweet and uhh.. not sweet), an appetizer: bite sized garlic bread with sliced ham and mozzarella cheese, and a single Peruvian Mango, a fruit so sweet, so succulent and so full of refreshing flavor, that we decided that it must of been closely related to the Forbidden Fruit. As for the steaks, we only seasoned them with salt and pepper, but they were so tasty that Trav couldn't resist and ate three of the four. It most certainly was a feast.
We had yet another similarly tasty feast the very next night with Julia and Garek. Barbecued steaks and chicken with mashed potatoes and salad. I feel absolutely spoiled with great quality food every time I dine at a sister's house. It was a cheerful night with games and lots of laughter, especially over a recorded tape from our childhood.
This past Tuesday I worked out. I did some running, yoga and pilates. At this point, I had been doing yoga every day since the previous Thursday and broke through the beginning aches of starting an exercise again.
On Wednesday we went to a Climbing Clinic to learn the basics of lead climbing. We met fun people and more importantly, learned tons about safety and skill.
On Thursday I ran again along with yoga and pilates. Then I climbed with my dearest Ray. Trav was at the quarry too practicing falling safely while lead climbing. He's rather attractive when climbing and whenever I took my breaks on the wall, I was checking him out. hehe
Today I had planned to go to the Temple with my visiting teacher but the snow canceled those plans. So I did homework and read some more of Seven Years in Tibet.
The landscapes in this book are so dreamy. I want to go back packing and I can't wait for the day that I'm in good enough shape to enjoy the strenuous activity.
Tonight I'll see my sisters again and be spoiled with their excellent cooking. I'm pretty much a happy kid.
I write this blog because until recently, I was very bored and didn't have a whole lot going on. I'm just so excited to be up and using my body again. Oh and I like to brag about Travis. He's borderline perfect. He's so close to perfect that I am going to obsess about him very briefly:
We're being influenced by one another. It's so funny. I willingly turn on the country station every once in a while. And get this... my dear Trav, although always enjoyed classic rock, is starting to like more hard core rock music. AND is developing one of those almost screaming singing metal voices. Oh it is sexy. He tolerates my heavy metal and even enjoys a couple of Lacuna Coil songs! Ahhh great husband!
He's so great that I'm going to go clean the kitchen and make the bed. Such things speak love to him and make him happy. Just like how he cuddles me in the mornings and kisses me all over to express love to me. Yay love.
Friday, February 25, 2011
A Couple of Weeks
Posted by MoonyMoMo at 1:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Aw, love!
So cute. I'm happy for you.
Aww. Just ... awww! So sweet. :)
Post a Comment