So because I am so progress oriented, I decided to love myself.
Pretty good idea, huh?
First I wanted to love my feet. So I painted my toe nails. Ta da!
Next, I want to love my period. I do believe this blog may be on the grosser side of things.
According to the wonderful world of yoga and Indian medicine, your period is a great way to gauge your overall health (physically and emotionally).
And guess what, when you have a healthy menstrual cycle (heads up, most girls don't) your moods are much more fun.
What do I mean? I mean instead of biting off heads, you're adventurous, outgoing and full of life. If you were a cat, this would be the time you would stick your bum in the air and meow. I'm on one tonight, forgive me.
And when you feel lazy, sluggish and exhausted, it could be a time of inspiration, self reflection and intuitiveness.
It is also an Indian medicine theory that women live longer than men because of their periods. It's like a monthly cleanse of all the crap we put in our bodies. And the more crap, the harder your body works to get rid of it.
The girl who wrote the yoga/menstrual cycle book I'm reading actually compared the menstrual cycle to the phases of the Moon. For the record, that metaphor was all that was needed to convince me.
So I started a "lunar journal". Everyday, I write my activities, diet, emotions and all the things that could have an effect on my emotions (exercise, sleeping habits, events, etc). This way I can keep track of where I am at with my menstrual cycle and therefore make the most of it.
It's fun and I feel like I'm learning to understand my body and therefore appreciate it.
Oh. Light bulb. Maybe that's what it meant. Hm.
P.S. My dream home is on KSL. Six acres. You know what that means? Horses, cows, chickens, dogs and cats. And maybe a llama. Such noble creatures. I don't know if I could ever keep one without guilt. Oh and six bedrooms. There's my five kids. Garage fits four cars and has a second floor. That'll keep my hubs happy. There's also some fruit trees and plenty ol' space for gardening.
Speaking of which, I'm going to learn how to raise a calf soon. And I'm riding my dear Sheba tomorrow.
Get me my boots, I'm a country girl today.
Monday, February 14, 2011
My Moon
Posted by MoonyMoMo at 11:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Your dream home sounds like my dream home! As for the M cycle bit, do I get a free pass for bad moods because my cycle will NEVER be regular. Gotta love genetics.
I'm glad your toes are pretty and your light bulb works. I just figured out I had to change my bulb. It rattled.
Post a Comment