So we're always trying to better ourselves, right?
Lately, I've been trying to learn patience. I'm only doing okay.
But it's time to take on the next step towards progression and knock off yet another negative trait of mine: Jealousy.
Apparently, when a person is jealous, the main emotions they feel are either fear or anger. In my case, I always feel anger. Jealousy is also directly related to insecurity. So since I'm not afraid, I'm not necessarily insecured about our relationship or his love for me. I'm not scared of losing him.
I'm angry, so it's more of feeling inadequet. Not inadequet to him, just in general. For me.
Bottom line. The root to my jealousy is this: There's someone out there cooler than me and I don't like it.
So how do we solve this?
She's a pretty freaking cool chick. There's no denying it. But cooler than me?? Psh. What was I thinking? I'm freaking Jeanette, man.
Okay, being egotistical won't help either. So let's try this:
Everyone's got their strong and weak points. Her strong points just happen to be the ones I want. But I really like the ones I got. I just need to work on my weak ones. I will reach the top of that rock one day. I will! (I'm not being symbolic, I'm talking about rock climbing and that stinking climb in Hobbles Creek).
So I'll even extend friendship! Who knows, maybe she can help me out. I can learn from her. She can help me get up that rock! I hate that rock...
...Then I WILL be cooler!
Ok, that's not the point.
We just can't go around cutting people out of our lives before even giving them a chance! That's the point here.
Look at that. The tightness in my jaw has already worn away. I already can feel myself liking her. Perhaps even loving her as a daughter of God.
...Okay, that's too corny. I'm not ready for that.
But I do feel better about the situation.
And I do feel a closeness to God right now, which is really nice. I like the Spirit. He's a cool guy.
I also just barely decided that I like Jack Johnson.
Life is good.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Attempting the Impossible
Posted by MoonyMoMo at 1:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Good choice Jeanette. I feel bad about snubbing Gareks old girlfriend. o well. And Jack Johnson? ick But to each their own right?
Oh my gosh, jeanette!!! I've been struggling with jealousy all day today! You totally put me in my place! And I agree--you're freakin' jeanette!! There is NO one you should be jealous of...I know that I, personally, am jealous of YOU! Because you're amazing! :) I miss you. I'm glad you wrote this. It's dead on.
Even though I don't like Jack Johnson, I still think you should know that we're basically the same person. Kthxbaiurawesome.
Post a Comment