Trav got a new job. Working on-call for the ambulance in Santaquin. That means he needs to live there. So that means we're moving!
Yay!!
We love our current home. But it's time for a change. We're done living under the ground in a sea of concrete. We're ready for an upgrade. Which, due to the smaller town, happens to be cheaper! YES!
Our new apartment is GORGEOUS! Wooden floors in the living room, new appliances, tons of cabinet space, a BACKYARD, a fire place (yes, a fire place!), and perhaps the greatest invention of luxury... a DISHWASHER!
Oh my, I'm going to renter's heaven.
As you can see, I'm excited.
Sure, there will be trials ahead: finances, commute, culture and of course, the stresses that working in an ambulance and possibly a fire station could only bring. But we're a very progress oriented couple. I have no doubt that together, we'll find the blessings in those trials.
But there will be trials.
Personally, I like being happy. So things must be done to insure such happiness and prepare for the tough times. Yay for goals!
No more of this decorating after a year of habitation.
No more making due in a clutter wreck!
Both Travis and I, like most human beings are affected by our environment. Travis especially can't function when things are not put away. This house will be put together. Everything will have a home from the very beginning and stay there.
2- With that said, Travis and I have learned about our needs for working space. We both need an individual place to work and the two places need to be separated. Why? I work in a pile of books and scribbles. Travis works on a clear desk with neat organized piles. My scribbles disrupt his order. His attempt to order interrupts my muse. We will each have our work spaces that will not interfere with the order of the rest of the house.
I hope a designated work space for myself will make projects much quicker and more fun. Plus, I hope to make an actual routine of writing. I can't breathe without creativity and I won't breathe without writing.
3- Church and Social Anxiety. I rarely go to Relief Society or Sunday School. Which is so sad. I'm missing out so much. So a fresh start and an opportunity to give the ol' social anxiety a kick in the rear.
I'm feeling so good about this move. Definitely a step forward.



4 comments:
yay!!!!!! I'm am SOOO happy for you! I can't wait to see the new place! and we'll have to throw a party for Travis! Something outdoorsy ^_^
Also, remember what Dad says "If you're going to go to church, go for the church and not the people". Very hard to put into affect but great advice. I have been doing much better with relief society. (also, my doodle book helps..you should get one..like a poem book or something).
I agree with Ender! Let's have a party! Congrats on the new job Trav! I can totally see you doing the Hero bit.
The first couple years of marraige, I disliked Relief Society intensely. I agree with Dad, its the social aspect that holds you back. Go for God, I love R.S. now and and enjoy the siterhood. People will become more comfortable around as they are able to witness your testimony. You'll have friends in no time.
Exciting!!!
Wow Net! That sounds great! I am sad you will be farther away, but since I am living in Sandy now, I guess we can be commute buddies. Love you!
Post a Comment