CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lightning Adventures

Trav woke me up at 5:40am this morning because there was a lightning storm.
We drove to a nearby church that sits up on a hill to watch.

It's the little things, I think, that keep you going sometimes. =)

We've also been climbing everyday this week. Our goal is to climb everyday this month (except Sundays of course).
After several unsuccessful attempts to have fun climbing outside due to my fear of dropping my dear husband to his death (I've already dropped him twice), we decided that it would be best if we took it a little slower. So we signed up for climbing lessons at the quarry. We get 3 lessons and a month of membership. We had our first lesson already and it was so good! The instructor was able to watch me belay and told me exactly what I was doing wrong.
I'm building confidence on the rope and equipment now (as well as in myself) and both of us are already improving so much.
It also hurts to move at the moment, but that'll go away with time. =)

We're hoping after this month, we'll be ready to take the lead climbing class together. Then, we will venture back to the outdoors, much more prepared.


As for that weekend we went away together... It was quite possibly the best weekend of my life.
I will have to give a more detailed account of it at a later time.

1 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Jeanette! You sound so happy! That's awesome! I hope that things continue to go well for you! Love and miss you! :)