CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Adventurous Dreams

My feet are too tired to even stand in the shower.
I stink of noodle water.

My latest project:
The activity apparently strikes fear into my very core as well as interferes with my ability to think clearly and rationally. My previous attempts have resulted in either a quick temper (I was doing so well!) and/or a painful stab in the self confidence area, welcoming the dark parade of many many doubts and anxiety while bouldering this morning.

It is interesting that my anxiety this morning was not over the actual climbing but over the fact that the bouldering area was on the second floor of the building, which overlooked the first floor (kind of has a balcony thing going on). It's a perfectly safe zone with plenty of space, gates and walls. In fact, our instructor mentioned to me today that most people feel safer bouldering than climbing. But we were still on the second floor. Still high above the ground level. So I panicked.

No, I don't think I'm developing a fear of heights.
Travis says I "psyched myself out."
But I'm wondering if it was just an overdose of humility.


P.S. The picture above, now that I look more closely is most likely not the exact activity I was referring to. However, the picture is free looking so imagine that the boy is repelling.

2 comments:

Jin said...

Aww, I'm so proud of you. You can do it! :)

Negri Up North said...

Every failure is just another lesson in progression, but the lesson is only learned if we stick with it.

Good luck on all your adventures! You and Travis are building a resume of experiences and memories together, make them happy, funny, and worthwhile!

Love you!