I'm not a patient person.
I want everything now.
And preferably, I want to do it myself.
I started working on a wedding gift for someone back in October. I finished it all up back then except one thing. I couldn't quite cut the picture for the background in a straight line nor could I proper crop the picture to be the right size of the frame. So I decided to just give in and wait till I order prints of my wedding pictures and order a perfectly cut and sized picture for the gift as well.
Seven to Eight months later, I ordered those pictures. And received the prints today!
I was so excited when I got home I stuck the picture in the frame and ta da! Announced the complete product.
Look at how beautiful!
Oh nice! But wait? What's the smudge? Is that inside the frame?
Oh yeah. Look at that. I'll just clean the glass.
Nope. It's not the glass. It's the page in front of the picture. With all the beautiful writing.
Okay, so I'll just print a new one. No problem.
But where was it saved?
Nope, not on Trav's lap top. Guess I'll just have to wait the twenty minutes to turn on my old computer.
Twenty minutes later: Oh hey, there's no batteries in the wireless mouse. Let's grab some out of the keyboard piano. Wait. Why are they wet? Trav, my hands are all oily and these batteries are all beat up. Acid, you say? Throw out the batteries? Wash my hands?
Oh... all right.
But now I just have one pair of batteries. I guess I'll have to switch between the wireless keyboard and the wireless mouse.
What? The keyboard isn't connecting? I can't type in my password?
Okay but maybe I can find the file in the Guest user. Nope not in here.
But this could still work. I'll open up the On-Screen keyboard and type my password on a file. THEN copy and paste it onto my User Name and Password.
It actually works! I'm a bloody genius!
Ten minutes of loading up files later... Welp here it is. Let's print this bad boy and scratch this gift off my To-Do List. My goodness, aren't I the little genius?
Cartridge Error 50C, huh? Won't print?
Errr.... Let's email the file to myself and then print it off of Trav's computer with HIS printer. Yeah, that will work.
And while my computer takes ten minutes to load up the web pages and 5 minutes to type in the web address, email account, password and email address on the On-Screen Keyboard (because I am a genius, after all), I'll use my brand new speedy laptop to look up what Cartridge Error 50C means.
Yay for Multi Tasking!
There ya go! Email sent. And I have a bad cartridge sensor. That's unfortunate.
Okie, so load up internet on Trav's computer. Download file. Print.
Beautiful!
WHAT? The lettering is all smudge! (In reality, this is when the shouts of profanity begin).
Okay. Calm down. Try it again.
Better! The letters themselves aren't smudged but there's still smudges on the bottom of the page.
Three times the charm!
Nope, smudges are even worst.
Travis has solutions?
No.
I don't wanna do that.
....And so begins the snappy wife who takes her temper out on her dear husband.
On the plus side, this snappy wife is learning to recognize when she's doing something wrong and calms down to apologize in record time.
Oh how I want to control my temper!
It's just so unfortunate! Just over dinner, we were discussing time management and to be more productive with our time. And then I go and spend all night on that rotten gift only to snap at my husband right before bed!
Oh how the childish anger boils...
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
I'm learning
Posted by MoonyMoMo at 8:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
hahahahahahahahahaha
That was a good one. You'll be telling this story for a loooooonnnnngggggg time!
Next time, you email it to me and I'll mail it to you. Of course, me being as bad as you are, you'll get it in a few years! lol!!!!
Net, you are fantastic! This makes the gift even better because of all you had to go through to get it done (though they'll never know) and with less then a year of marriage and you're in your early twenties, I think you're doing great with your patience! I'm four years and 23 and I'm worse then you.
Post a Comment