CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 21, 2010

Horses and Foxes


It's all I can think about. I haven't actually gone horseback riding yet. But I'm so comfortable driving that car. I just need a morning where I have time to drive down.

However, this weekend we are going camping with the Sperry family. And they ARE bringing the horses. EEEEEK!

And THEN for Fathers Day, I gave Daddy Sperry a coupon to take me horseback riding. He laughed and said that he's not using the coupon till AFTER this weekend. Meaning that even though we'll ride horses together while we're camping, we're gonna go again after wards. Yay!

I'm hoping that once my schedule goes back into a routine, I'll be able to find at least one morning a week to go down to ride and help care for the horses. (But if I'm lucky, it'll be more like 3-4 times a week. hehe). We always talk about having land one day and having horses of our own. But believe it or not, the man of my dreams is not obsessed with horseback riding! I mean, Trav likes it but he much rather be sitting on a bike if he's going down a mountain trail. So I want to know everything about caring for a horse and riding one so there's an actual point to having a horse one day. Makes sense?


Now, the fox obsession is fairly new. The other night Travis and I were driving around the Orem Lake. And there we saw crossing the road a beautiful red fox! But the poor thing was limping. It took all my energy and newly obtained self control to restrain my inner child from bursting out of the car and running to make friends with the injured animal and bring him home to live with us.

Later that night I had a dream where for some reason or another I kept having to go back into this one particular forest. And every time I ventured in, there was this gray fox. He wasn't scared of me but nor was he friendly. Kind of just didn't care I was there and continued on his way. But the more I kept going into the forest the more acquainted we became. I always called him Gray Fox (creative, huh?) and it even got to the point where he would follow me around because he knew he would always be fed by me. (I would hunt these weird bird things in the dream with a bow and arrow... hey, it's my dream. Of course I have a bow!) We were even becoming companions and sort of hunted together and stuck together when things got bad. I know. Silly. But now I am determined to make friends with a fox!


Anyways... I'm off to go bake bread from scratch by myself for the first time. Yay for playing Little Women!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still dream of owning horses. Blake and I booth do. We'll see. Maybe when we are retired.

alias: Ender Wiggin said...

I'm excited for you, net. I hope you get your horses. Also, I understand the feeling after fighting the inner child in you to help and be friends with the fox. Garek and I are getting two kittens in a couple of weeks. We already have one (its a little itty bitty boy) but we are looking for a friend for him and I went on ksl and geezzz. I nearly cried because they were so many kitties I felt I needed to help and give a good home to all of them and eventually Garek said he would take care of it so I wouldn't feel my heart breaking knowing I can't help all the kittens.
Plus I'm willing to try your bread ^_^

petite_de_pop said...

your dream reminds me of Dancing With Wolves!