CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 15, 2010

Adventures, Books and Adventures

We went Cross country skiing. In Idaho. With Howie and Kara. It was awesome.
And just beautiful too. Trees, rushing rivers, waterfalls, drifting snow. Just really beautiful.
But my oh my! What a work out! haha.

The drives there and back were nice too. Books on tape are fun. And I don't get bored of my husband. That's really nice.

We fell asleep last night around 6:30pm. Travis got up at 3:00 and I got up at 3:30. AM. You can only sleep for so long. He did homework. I ate tacos and finished reading The Amber Spyglass.

That's right. I FINALLY finished the Amber Spyglass. It's my least favorite book out of the series. And it was really hard for me to get through. I mean, the god in this book (whose is most definitely not our God) was the bad guy! And the people who were trying to kill him were bad guys too! I didn't know who to cheer for. So I just stopped reading for a while.
But I did enjoy it overall. And I still have a soft spot for Lyra. Even though I was incredibly angry with her when she abandoned Pan.

Poor Pan. Poor Lee Scoresby. Poor Iorek.... hey what happened to him anyway? gr.

We leave for Red Woods Wednesday night.
I'm so excited.
I feel like that little inner child of mine is going to burst any minute and take off without me.
My goal is to not start a fight and to control my temper. All weekend. Eeek.

I'm happy.
I have a good husband.
I have adventures.
And I learn everyday.

Oh that's my latest self improvement thing:
Glorify in the learning process rather than fight it every inch of the way.

Okay, I'll do homework now. 0=)

1 comments:

Negri Up North said...

The learning process is my favorite thing!!

I read the first book (actually book on tape too), it was good but not good enough to tempt me to finish the series.