CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Creator, Adventures and Bob Marley


This is "The Creator" by William Blake.
Found it in my History text book.
It speaks true to me.
I love it.
It will be on my wall one day. Well, a print of it anyway.

Travis and I went to the Quarry yesterday for the first time together. I was scared but he's a great coach. I went from panicking half way up the beginner's wall and begging to come back down to flying up 5.5's, 5.6's and even a 5.7.
(I think they use decimals in their ratings but I could be wrong).

After I overcame my fear, I was addicted. We were there four hours before our bodies just couldn't be pushed anymore.
Travis, of course, did great too. He already lead climbs outside, but he's really looking forward to reaching that comfort level with me belaying, so he can practice and tackle more challenging climbs.

Finally. Friday night, Trav requested that I bring home some straws from work. I did so and later that night, I walked into the kitchen to find him drinking out of a coconut, (through his straw) and dancing to Bob Marley. He had a big smile on his face. It made me happy.

=)

2 comments:

alias: Ender Wiggin said...

lol for some reason I'm surprise at Travis drinking out of a coconut with a straw with Bob Marley and at the same time I don't know why that surprises me. Its so Travis.
Good job on defeating your fear. That's always hard and a great achievement. Now we'll have to go together.

Negri Up North said...

Wow...two great adventures! Rock climbing and drinking out of coconuts to Bob Marley! Good for you both!