CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 17, 2009

Moving Forward

Alrighty, here's the goal.... (haha, I said "alrighty")

Ahem. Okay.

It's time to get out of Noodles. Yes, it's a lovely job. Yes, I love having no responsibility. Yes, it drives me mad. Yes, there arn't many jobs out there.
But it's time to progress.

Here's the plan. I'm gonna hold onto Noodles during the Fall term. Somehow, I scheduled ALL my classes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. This leaves a lovely opportunity to work non all day shifts on Tuesdays and Thursdays and a couple of shifts on the weekends when I'm not out on adventures. So hopefully, 20 hours a week.

Hopefully (lots of hope going on here), by Winter Term, I'll find some clerk job on campus. ANY clerk job on campus that's willing to hire me, the noodler. Preferably in the mornings. Yes. The mornings. It's time to grow up and wake up with the sun. ='(

Also, I'm taking an Advance Writing class in the Fall. It focuses on writing about literature. During and after this class, I need to get involved with the programs in school. Ya know, the ones that feel like a full time job without the paycheck. I saw some good ones last term, but felt too..uhhh what's the word... well, let's just say too unprepared for such responsibility. But like I said. Time to grow up. A career's gotta start sometime.

Don't I sound mature? But it's okay. Cause I'm being dumb about French. Yup, that's right, I'm taking a break from French. Stupidest idea ever. Not only am I prolonging my pain and hurting my GPA, but I will no doubt forget some much needed vocabulary when I do decide to take the class again.
So what's the logic? There is none! I HATE the class! HATE it! It's 4 credits, but it should be at least 6. It's sucks. It follows you everywhere. Everyday. And it's not just an hour class a day and 5 hours of hw. You have to meet with French people. French people who talk to you in French. What are you saying to me? Take the frog out of your throat and speak English! Or at least write it out on a piece of paper. So I can write a response. Don't make me talk to you. My mouth doesn't make that shape. Stop making that face at me, it's not helping me pronounce my stinking "rr". Go ahead. Stick your nose up in the air. Stick it up high. Cause to you, my words reek with niavitey and common dirt.
And ya know what? I'm gonna stay right here in the dirt. Sitting indian style, with crazy hair and without the extravagantly modest pearl errings and definitely without my stinking textbook.

You think English majors have a stick up their butts? Sit in a French class.


Yeah.. That kinda just came out.
For the record, French is a lovely language. But it frustrates me. It shoots my self esteem down fairly easily, and my pride can only hold it up so long. I'm still exhausted from French 102 from a year ago! So I'm taking the classes I'll enjoy without the extra stress factor in my life.
I'm much happier this way.

...I'm not fighting a mold, I'm just making my own.


Okay. I'm done. It's time for bed.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Good.
For.
You.
:)

alias: Ender Wiggin said...

You've been watching Meet the Robinson. Their motto "Keep moving forward"

MoonyMoMo said...

Never saw it.

alias: Ender Wiggin said...

Its a cute movie but Garek wrote that...