CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Poetry time!

Okay I mentioned before I had to write a sonnet for one of my English classes. I'm not good at poetry at all! (or proper English apparently...) and sonnets have all kinds of rules that just make it harder but here it is:


Garden of Moon Flowers

She woke in a garden of Moon flowers,
Greeting her in full bloom during the night.
The stars in their pure glory, cry showers
Of mercy. Her eyes reflecting delight.
Her renewed hair, full grown and mossy brown
Flows past her weightless shoulders. Her heart, free
From ache and stress; the wrinkles of her frown
Faded in the Moonlight. She can now see
The simple beauty and truth of the life
She led before. Gaining knowledge of why
She had to endure much struggle and strife.
But her heart is free. Her spirit can fly.
From her garden among the stars and Moon,
She sees her earthly morning glories bloom.


I'm not completely satisfied with it, but it's good enough. =)

3 comments:

Rachel Adventure said...

I love it! Sonnets are so hard to write I am way impressed. I can't believe this came from City Lights. You could publish a whole book on the evolution of it.

Miss ya

MoonyMoMo said...

haha, this isn't City Lights anymore.
Something completely different.

Gwennifer said...

I still think it's awesome :]