CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Okay, here's the deal:

City Lights

Our journey began
In the canyon,
Looking down at the City Lights.
They reminded me of a place,
Once called home.

Our journey could have ended.
When we laid together in the grass,
Searching the faint stars;
Contemplating their distance
And the distance that would grow between us.
Then I reminded you,
"We'll always be under the same Moon."

Now.
Though difficult to see,
The stars are still above us.
But your Carina,
Will forever sail in circles,
Never finding my Polaris.
Never finding North.

Our stars may never meet.
This distance,
Too great.
But all our stars,
Are under the same Moon.

Look up.
Look up.
We'll always be under the same Moon.

And when the heavens cry down from you southern skies,
And the snow clouds the heavens from my northern lands,
When the Moon finishes his dance and becomes
A new.
Look out your window.
Look down at your City Lights.
The City Lights I've never seen,
Twinkling as the stars would.

And know that,
I am looking out my window,
Down at the City Lights.
The same City Lights we watched together.
They bring me closer to a future home.
They bring me closer to you.

And we'll always be under the same Moon.



Okie, this is a poem I'm submitting in a portfolio as a Creative Writing final.
My teacher dude is a genius and hard to impress, so please help me and criticize this poem!
The sooner, the better.

Thanks!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Love it. Excellent imagery in likening the stars and the city lights.
Only idea would be to add a reference to the city lights once again somewhere in the middle.
I think it's wonderful, though. Excellent flow and sentence variation. Very good, Jeanette! Very, very good!