CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Childish Dreams

Remember the days we used to dream of running away?
Away from our responsibilities, our parents and their rules?
Breaking away into the windless night.
Just driving.
Free.

The countless boys I plotted to runaway with...
We never did leave though.
What stopped me?
Probably my cursed common sense. So that means I have common sense, right? I forget.

I thought I was so ready.
I thought I could work overtime at minimum wage jobs. Rent a small apartment. Come home to whoever it was I was dating at the time. I thought I would be happy. I thought I would be free.

Silly dreams. But they were still dreams. Dreams I thought possible. And now?
I still want to get in that car. Just to keep driving. See the country.
It's not running away anymore. So one needs to be responsible...
What's the fun in that?

I'm sometimes grateful I can't afford a car. Think of all the french classes I'd miss due to a moment of spontaneity. I'd would start my way to Cali so many times, until my common sense catches up with me, always turning back at Utah's state border.

Dreams are dreams.
Most of them won't ever come true.
Not because they're impossible. Just cause we don't always want them for long.

And other times, the universe is just against us.

Dreams are dreams.
And they're still nice to have.

3 comments:

Blake said...

Follow your dreams! Just do it the right way. =)

Heather said...

what would it have been to have followed those impulses. Do you think that those who follow hold the regret or that they're comforted in what they thought was freedom?
Whatever you do, hon, just don't regret it. As long as you always have a dream for comfort, regret will be stayed.
:) You're amazing.

alias: Ender Wiggin said...

Hye Net, I can't read it...can you?