Soon I will follow Ray's example and make a list of 25 things I want to do before I am 25.
But first...
I am officially 24 now. And I want to remind myself that this past year was not a waste.
I've realized that I use my birthdays as a yearly reminder of all the goals left unaccomplished and all the things left undone.
I have yet to write a complete novel. A goal I meant to complete back when I was 19.
I am not a true Yogi. Nor Yoga certified.
I'm STILL a beginner climber.
And I could go on and on if I really wanted to feel bad about myself.
But who wants to make so much effort for such an awful reward?
So what exactly did I accomplish in the last year?
The obvious answer is that I graduated from college. A huge accomplishment that I feel has been swept under the rug due to the fast pace of life. I need to be proud of that.
Good. What else?
I'm officially done with childhood drama. Done. Finito. No more shadows hiding behind closed doors. Fears banished. Destructive habits (from childhood) broken. Healthy habits established.
And I can write about it now.
Took a couple of years. But I got what I needed. Good.
Is Finito even a word?
Okay, what else? What else?
Oh I lost 25 pounds!! Woot! Woot!
This IS pretty freaking awesome.
I did three chin ups this summer. It was the first time I ever did a chin up. That's pretty cool. Haha
Speaking of other physical accomplishments: I road my bike 16 miles almost everyday for 2 months in the summer.
I did take my first yoga class.
I got over myself and realized people were not always watching me for the sole purpose of criticizing my every move, enabling me to work out in public, jog, and go to exercise classes.
My diet although, not perfect, is WAAAY improved! I actually drink water now, though not enough. And a day without vegetables is like a night without sleep. It sucks.
I have a job! A job I like!
Oh, for those who are unaware, I worked for Zions Bank as a teller in Utah. In Nevada, I applied for one job and got it after one interview: Nevada State Bank. That is always a convenient accomplishment, and really, a true blessing. The fact that I like it, is a MAJOR bonus. And the fact that it has benefits, paid vacation, sick days, etc. etc. etc. makes life AWESOME.
I feel good.
I think I did more. I know I did more. I improved as a student. I improved certain relationships. I improved as a person and as a church member. Then I struggled as a church member, but that's a whole other conversation.
I'm better with social anxiety and making friends.
My relationship with Travis is always strengthening and improving. Our communication is always moving forward and always will continue to do so because communication seems to never be a completed task.
We still make love, on average, once a day. Which, from what I've been told, is an accomplishment after three years of marriage.
We have Brutus, our little family. And for the most, I know what I want out of this life.
I'm moving forward. I guess that's all that really matters.
Okay. I'm ready to be twenty-four now.
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
23 Reflect
Posted by MoonyMoMo at 10:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Wow, congrats on a great life! Don't worry about what you haven't accomplished, I always use those lists as a way to have something to look forward to, so good luck, have fun, and I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment