New things!
1- Trav and I sort of, kind of, have a pet cat. She's an outdoor cat or a stray and she used to come to our doorstep meowing for food. I immediately thought she was very smart because the first few times she came to the door, Trav wasn't home. I thought he would talk me out of sharing my food with her. I was wrong.
She kept coming multiple times a day, not just for food, but for love. When she was around, we would usually play with her on a blanket in our yard while we did homework. Trav has grown very fond of her.
I named her Prue, because the first few times she came, it was while I was watching Charmed. Prue or Prudence, is a character from that show.
One day, she came to our doorstep with... SURPRISE!... four kittens! They are very young and I think she came to our door for the first time shortly after she gave birth. Since then, they have not left. The kittens nurse, sleep, eat (sometimes the cat food), play and whine on our doorstep. It has been four days now. Prue sometimes leaves but for the most part she's there on the doorstep too. The kittens are all girls so I temporarily named them Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy (Little Women). I couldn't pass up the opportunity.
It is when I write multiple paragraphs about pets that I am reminded that I am truly my mother's daughter.
2- I have a job! So the original plan with school was to take 18 credits this semester and 9 credits next semester and then graduate! I would work during the 9 credits. Trav's uncle works for BYU and offered to give me a job when I needed it. I was planning on taking him up on that offer to work full time in January.
One day when Trav and I were talking, Trav mentioned the option that I could work part time both semesters and take less than 18 credits, if I wanted to. Agreeing with him, I called his awesome uncle. The very next day, I had a job.
I worked 63 hours this past week! 63! I never worked so long and so hard in my life! Oh and I'm a mover. Or a "furniture pusher" as a disgruntled construction worker once called us. I already learned how to drive a fork lift and another machine that goes really high up to take stuff off the storage shelves. I like the guys I work with (and the two other girls) and Trav's uncle is fun to work with.
During the school semester, I'll only be working 6-10 hours a week, so that I can focus on school. But it's nice to know that during the breaks I can work overtime and build financial security.
So! My class schedule: Studies in Women's Literature, Shakespeare, Writing Fiction, Writing for Children and Adolescents and the English Novel. 15 credits. I'm so excited.
Next semester will be Writing Poetry, French literature, Criticism of Contemporary literature, and Senior Course which I haven't decided yet. 12 credits.
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Spontaneous, the way I like it
Posted by MoonyMoMo at 12:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Busy and fun. So happy for your kitties. Reminds me of Winston, sniff sniff...
I remember Winston! Weren't you forced to give him up or call humane society or something?
I wasn't forced, but our complex had a no pet policy and one of my neighbors was a cat hater who said she was planning on taking him to the animal shelter (where an older cat with him like him would probably be put down).
I drove all the way to the humane society to save him from the animal shelter only to learn they were putting all cats under 1 year down because they didn't have room. The vet said Winston was 7. So I contacted Lost Paws, who have a no-kill policy, were already too full with pets, but found out when they were going to be at Pet Smart and begged them to take this awesome cat.
The end.
I will always remember him and have made a goal that when we live somewhere that will allow animals, we will adopt one from Lost Paws.
Fabulous Jeanette! I envy the classes you'll be taking. Promise to teach me some thing? Please?
Post a Comment