CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 10, 2010

A New Side

Yesterday after a breakfast of biscuits and eggs, I had the opportunity to pull on my black cowboy boots that Jessica helped me buy eight years ago. Yes they still fit, and fortunately for me, so does the horseback riding dream.
We took the horses out. We're going again tomorrow.
My personal goal is to have the ability to go riding by myself in the springtime. With the freedom to go anytime I want, maybe I can go every morning. That's the dream.



We went shooting too.

I feel very country. So country, I'm not afraid of our street without street lamps at night anymore.

Last week was terrible.
But I've recovered. I made the decision to take care of my spiritual needs first. To put God first. Everything else fell into place:

I'm reading again. For pleasure. About elves and dragons. Oh and horses.
I've written more in the last week than I have in the past 5 months.
I finished a paper for school the NIGHT BEFORE it was due. Not the morning of and not the afternoon after. Oh my, did that feel good.
We went climbing twice and we're going climbing again tonight.
Soon, I'll start yoga again.

I'm so full of hopes and dreams that it's hard to remember that we are in tough times. In fact, I'm convinced that these times are not tough at all. Just a transition period to something great.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

simply fabulous.

Me said...

Very nice, you guys are having good times. You look like little Miss Riding Hood on a horse, your both so cute.
I think tough times is all relative. Times are fantastic depending on what time in history, where, and what class you are comparing it to. Grass is always greener somewhere else. Sounds like you both are doing a great job enjoying your own green grass.

Jin said...

I'm sorry you had a bad week :c But glad you're doing great now! And look at you on the horse! You're like Arwen, riding a horse! :D