So I've been thinking. And reading. And searching.
On, well, a lot of things. But gender roles weighs heavier in my mind than most other things.
This is nothing new. I was doing this way back in the days of interpreting Sex and the City as a cultural analysis.
To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how to phrase this.
Hmm.. Well let's see.
If you pick up literature from any time period, the role of women in that piece of literature is always a subject for discussion.
Why?
Because the role of women always change.
If you would like an example, Google Maid Marian from Robin Hood. You'll see that depending on the era she was either a dainty virgin or disguised as a man and did battle against Robin Hood himself. Fun Fun!
What's interesting about this ever changing woman is that with her, the status and values of the family change too.
As you can see, in our modern days, gender roles is a constant question. And therefore, the values of the family have been blurred.
I am not making an attack, an opinion or trying stir negative feelings. Just an observation.
With these thoughts in mind, I have been anxious to represent the women and family values of our religion. To make a stand for what we believe in, not to conjure hate, anger, prejudice or superiority but in hope to receive respect and acceptance. To show that there is so much more to the LDS woman than what meets the judgmental eye.
So with those thoughts I've been tempted to make a new blog with that as a theme. Ya know, post talks, inspiring videos, and share stories of progression. The only problem with that is that I am only a mere newlywed. My perspective is wonderful for my stage of life, I'm sure. But to learn from mothers, bloomed wives, and of course, the daughters of our beautiful religion would be a gift!
And that is where you, my dear friends and especially my dearest sisters, come in.
I don't have a complete solid idea of what I want with this blog. So I am very open to opinions and ideas. But I would like a space where womanhood, as a wife, a mother and as a daughter of God will flourish.
What do ya say?
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Thoughts
Posted by MoonyMoMo at 1:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I support this completely. It has been heavy on my mind lately as well. Especially with photoshop and eating disorders, etc. I am turning into a Mormon feminist, if there is such a thing. I've had a gut full!
Net, whatever you post, I will have either a funny or hopefully inspiring comment. The role of the Mormon woman is one I what to learn more of too. You're awesome idea for blog topics will definitely help us prepare for future roles (such as mom) but also continue to teach us in current roles and help us become better(wife, homemaker, worker, etc. - student for you ^_^)but also to keep the spirit around us and our home.It'll be cool to have different perspectives. I've been finding more and more lately that every one's comments have something to learn from, even if you don't agree ^_^
Awesome idea Jeanette! I'm on board...lead the way!
Ooooo sounds like my sisters and I can maybe plan a trip to Women's Conference one of these springs (that week long Inspirational week at BYU)!!
Post a Comment