CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oh, this is why I go to school...

"Charity suffereth long,
and is kind;
Charity envieth not;

Charity vaunteth not itself;
is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemingly,
seeketh not her own,

is not easily provoked,
thinketh no evil;
rejoiceth not in iniquity,
but rejoiceth in the truth;

Beareth all things,
believeth all things,
hopeth all things,
endureth all things.

Charity never faileth:"

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Paul had a gift for writing.
I will have to take the Bible as Literature class, for sure.


Now as for my husband....
Here's a bit of Travis poetry:

"Yellow blossoms
Hanging from a banana tree,
Oh how my heart yearns for you,
My yellow blossom banana tree"

We had a good laugh.

2 comments:

Negri Up North said...

That would have been pretty good if the line about yearning said "thee" instead of "you".

Isn't there some sort of Haitian song about a banana tree?

Ohhhhh, I remember now, that's a "Yellow Bird in the Banana Tree" or something like that.

MoonyMoMo said...

My goodness, Jen. You're just a well of knowledge. =) =) =)