Life has been good to me.
Trav's in bed.
The Amber Spyglass is disturbing me. I don't even want to read it anymore.
It's bothering me. In the first book, Lyra was AWESOME.
In the second book, she was slipping. And now she's a brat. Look, kid. I'm sorry your friend died. But going over to the Land of the Dead to apologize isn't gonna change anything.
It's like she's digressing. Is that even a word or did I just make that up?
That's why the book troubles me, I think. There's no progress. No growth. Just a big fall and everyone is doomed.
Poor Mr. Scoresby. Poor Iorek...
Earlier today, Travis unpacked some of his stuff from Peru. I searched through his journals a bit but not thoroughly. I wasn't emotionally prepared to see him happy with someone else.
But the glimpses I did see and read made me curious about how I wrote of my old boyfriends.
I started going through all my journals from high school.
As expected, I found that the love I had for those boys was empty.
Unexpectedly, however, I found that almost every single entry was driven by rage, anger and hatred. I wrote almost everyday.
No wonder I lost so many friends when I searched to bring virtue back into my life. I was making a complete turn around. They thought I was fighting who I really was. They couldn't relate.
But really, now that I look back on it, I was only circling back to who I once was.
I don't think I was always an angry person. I think, in high school, I was just recovering from a life with mom.
There was a time where I was innocent, free-spirited, adventurous, fearless and loving. I was open-minded, curious, and saw beauty in everyone. I had a short temper and there was a fighter in me. Or as Julia would remember, a spitter. I always believed in progress. I knew there was a purpose in my life.
In high school, I forgot who I was. I lost sight of my purpose.
My innocence is recovering well. I never lost nor forgot my free spirit or my taste for adventure, but I am well acquainted with fear now. I really do love those around me but sometimes I forget that love in my even shorter temper. I'd like to think I'm open-minded but sometimes judgment clouds even the keenest sight.
Like this very instant, I'm struggling to see the logic in my neighbors above me, dancing to music at one in the morning.
I'm losing my words...
I guess my point is, that I'm in a happier place now. Healthier too. I'm still recovering but I know who I am now.
I need to go back to my darling husband in the other room.
I forgot that I love my neighbors and need to escape these thumps before I lose control of that pleasant temper of mine.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Can't Sleep
Posted by MoonyMoMo at 11:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I have a lot of regrets about how I handled all of my sisters moving out to Utah. You put into words so eloquently what I had such a hard time explaining. I knew that Utah was soooo different from where we all came from. Mom's issues created a storm of black clouds over church and religion in general. I knew Utah was the one place where you all could get back to,as you put it, who you really are. Obviously, that's what moving here helped me to do. I felt inspired to tell you that this would be the place where you would find your cowboy. This wasn't something I said just to manipulate you, its something I really felt to be true. I want you to know and all my sisters to know that despite my imperfections and the mistakes I made in the past in regards to how I've handled our relationship, I love you guys so much and hope that as time continues, we will grow closer and closer to one another as our lives begin to share more similar experiences and milestones. I'm very happy for you Jeanette! I am so grateful that all my sisters have found the perfect eternal companion for them. This, of course, includes me too.
hey keep growing, spitter
Post a Comment