CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Live life with Passion

So I thought about it for a while and I talked it over with Travis and we've come to the following conclusion: You CAN live a life WITHOUT passion.

Me and Travis (or is Travis and I...?) have succeeded in always having something fun to do. I've had more adventures in the past three months than I have in my entire life. So no real complaints. But we realized that we were ALWAYS so stressed out! Even after finals were over, we were stressed.

We turned everything into a chore. We have to go see these people. Drive over there. Drive back. Drive over there again. Are we still being productive? We SHOULD (most evil word in the English language) do something more productive. Oh we gotta eat too. So cook dinner. But a healthy dinner. Oh, but what's healthy? Oh and the house is dirty, so we need to clean pronto!

I already feel dead. We completely surrounded ourselves with chores that even our time to be together to relax had become a chore to plan. I stopped putting energy towards my tasks and just got them over with. I became a drone.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're not living with passion if you're accomplishing your day to day tasks as a drone. An endless to-do listing, exhausted, wants to be left alone, drone.

So we stopped.

We still have our lists and we still get stuff done. But we find Joy in our tasks now.
Who knew something could be fun without having the one on one time with Trav? I thought I needed that one on one time in order to have quality time with Travis. And although the one on one is still important, all our tasks are opportunities for quality time. Guess the Honey Moon is finally over. But not the newly wed years. That's just begun. =)

So "Live life with Passion" kind of has become our first unofficial household rule. Well that and close the cupboard doors after using them... (I learned that one after Trav's fifth or sixth bruise to the head). 0=)

P.S. I liked the responses to my questions about passion. I think there's truth to all of them that I could use. I especially liked how each response reflected each personality. =)

2 comments:

Rachel Adventure said...

teach me! teach me!

Me said...

Haha think you're busy now wait till you have kids! But don't worry, because you love them, it is a much more passionate drone-like state as oppose to the too-many-credit-hours one or however you want to label it.