For the record, I'm doing pretty freaking good on the jealousy thing.
As for patience... Still working on that.
Next! Be of Good Cheer.
I'm incredibly happy. Why shouldn't I be? Have you not seen Travis's butt? It's worth a parade. Life is awesome.
So yeah, for the most part, I'm of good cheer throughout my day.
Except at work. I'm not very cheerful at the work, which shall not be named at this time.
These days, at work, I've been bitter, spiteful, angry, snappy, disrespectful (mostly just to the one person who matters that most...oops), sarcastic and 90% of the time, I show up late.
It's easy for me to say I hate my job. And it's easier to justify the use of such strong language.
I still work hard and give excellent customer service. I clean the place up fairly welland as far as I understand, I'm still considered a "good employee" by most of the managers. But I'm hating every moment of it (especially the moments shared with that one important someone).
So why is this bad? Because it affects the people I work with. No one wants to work with a grump. It makes their days harder.
Okay, that's nice and considerate of me to think of other people.
But the true motivation is that it affects me OUTSIDE of work.
Late last night, I daydreamed about quitting. It was a lovely daydream. But it kept me up all night. I wanted to make it true, so I searched and searched and SEARCHED for any possible jobs that would fit my complicated school schedule. After all my searching in the wee hours of the morning, I concluded that unless I want to be a full time babysitter of three elementary aged boys, I'm pretty much screwed.
So I settled: Fine. I'll stay. Three more months!
Then I had a scary thought:
What if the oh so very important man who does not appreciate my bad attitude, gives me a bad recommendation? It could prevent me from getting a better job.
Even worst, what if my bad attitude carries into my next job? I used to fear the oh so very important men. I don't fear this one (it's laughable to suggest)... so what if I never respect a oh so very important man every again?
I'll be out of any wonderfully new job in no time!
So now what? Be of good cheer!
Show up to work a few minutes early!
SMILE! Not just at the customers, at the employees too!
Be nice, understanding, open to suggestions and for the love of our Almighty Lord above, be PATIENT!
It'll make me a happier person. The coworkers will maybe be cheered up a bit. And maybe, just MAYBE I'll learn to be a better person outside the workplace, and in my new career.
I'll try.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Improvement Time!
Posted by MoonyMoMo at 12:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm a grump too.. it is okay. We'll get through it together. I'm glad you are happy though!
Don't worry too much, all the jobs I've ever had at BYU have never needed a recommendation. :) Hope that helps. And good luck!
Post a Comment