CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 29, 2009

The Chairman's Waltz

"The Chairman's Waltz" (the song playing on a loop on this page) is from Memoirs of a Geisha.
In case you never saw it. This song plays whenever the main character is doing something to get herself closer to the Chairman, a rich man who she fell in love with when she was a little girl. Her whole life was just one long painful process to finally belong to him, or to belong to him as much as she possibly could. At the end of the movie, she mentions something along the lines that a Geisha could only be a man's wife during the night.

So I didn't really ever notice this song until they used it in the show, "So You Think You Can Dance." Season three. Called the Humming Bird. It's beautiful. You should check it out.

Anyways, I put this song up on the page, because I loved the movie, and the song was calm.
As time went on, I watched that movie nonstop. If anybody were to ask, Memoirs of a Geisha is my favorite movie.
Then I kept going on to this page. Just to listen to the song. And I learned much.

If you listen carefully, you can hear the desperation. It's delicate, shaky, and even sometimes scared. But very determined. Like water, very slowly, gently and with much grace, pushing through tree and stone to forge a new path, a new fate.

Now this. This is, I always thought, a love story.
Arwen and Aragorn, a love story.
Anne and Captain Wentworth, a love story.
Tedious anticipation. That, to me, is romance. That, to me, is love.


But now I think I may have judged Cathy far too quickly.
And I want to say Cloud too. But I'm still too devoted to my romance ideals played by the devoted Tifa.


Maybe my path isn't as straight and simple as I hoped.
Or maybe I read too many books and play too many video games.
haha.



...I still prefer Heathcliff.

1 comments:

alias: Ender Wiggin said...

this song feels sad to me.